Tuesday 15 July 2014

Essie Tart Deco' polish review- America Collection 1

After breaking up from school for my last ever "school holidays", since I am going into my final year of school and next summer I will be getting ready for university! This terrifies and excites me, mostly terrifies. However, summer holidays didn't keep me from school for long as on the day after I broke up I hopped on a plane to Boston to spend two weeks at Brown University doing a summer school. After a few days of being distracted by people swooning over my English accent I realised my pre-holiday manicure was starting to chip (review will be up soon) and having not brought any polish with me I ventured to CVS to see what the nail polish selection was. To my delight it was stacked full of nail polish, but I was drawn to the Essie section as it harbours many colours that have been on my wish list for a while now for example; 'Mint Candy Apple', 'Limo-scene' and of course 'Tart Deco'. 

I would consider myself a nail polish aficionado however even I struggle to tell the difference between the 15 different coral colours Essie has produced,  it was the interesting name and slightly pink tinge to the colour that attracted me to this polish so I bought it. Another great aspect of buying Essie's in America is the price, which is much less than in England so I got myself a little haul, reviews of which will come soon. 
As soon as I got back to my dorm, instead of doing my reading homework I started painting my nails. This colour is one of those that despite being impressive in the bottle is even more beautiful once on the nails and it was extremely thick and easy to apply. 
There is some discrepancy in the brushes of Essie polishes as some of them are square and wide and others are round and more thin. Both are good to apply, but due to the thickness I was glad for the rounded brush as it carries less polish at a time. 
1 and 1/2 coats and topcoat later I flapped my hands around a bit and was ready to do activities that didn't use my hands, this dries quite slowly so isn't one to use in a rush but still a beautiful colour making the hands look tanned and a long lasting polish despite the bashing it received from fans, pens and showers. 

Here are my ratings for Essie's Tart Deco:
Chipping-3.75
Shine-4.5
Richness of colour- 3.75
Classic-ness- (debate-able but) 3.5

Overall- 4.5 

Love,
Tash 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment