Monday 17 November 2014

Rococo Polish 'Smitten' Review

When it's a rococo polish review I think we know by now it's because my mum has treated me to a manicure at the lovely Margaret Dabbs salon. When I was in there the last time, one of the lovely nail ladies confidently told a customer that "getting your nails done is not a luxury, it is a necessity!" with a nod of agreement from all surrounding I sunk into my chair knowing that this must be what heaven is like.
Having been very busy with school after summer I haven't had a chance to post very much, but with a few free days due to being ill and off school there will be a tsunami of posts of all my summer polishes that have been waiting to be reviewed.




I am smitten (sorry!) with this lovely duck egg blue colour which is quite similiar to Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple', but if it's even possible, the pigment is even stronger and it has more of a blue hue rather than the green that Essie's polish has. Especially noticeable when it catches the light and a gorgeous blue colour explodes from your hand, so summery it makes you want to burst into song with a summer classic.
To complement the blue the nail technician used Rococo's gold leaf polish on my fourth finger to contrast the blue.
Rococo polishes are very thick, and I struggle to use them without making a mess. But with a steady hand you can make a great manicure that lasts a long time. With the manicure only needing about 1 1/2 coats. Due to the thickness it is not one for those in a rush as you really need about 4-5 hours to let it dry properly, time which I could happily have spent sitting in the salon with Sam Smith in the background, but soon I had to come back to reality and leave the salon- but I think we all know, I will be back.


Here are my ratings for 'Smitten' by Rococo Nail Apparel:
Chipping-3.75
Shine- 4.5
Richness of colour-4.5
Classic-ness-3.5

Overall- 4.75!!

Love,
The London Nail Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment