Saturday 22 February 2014

Review of Chanel Nail Colour 677 Rouge Rubis

After having an eclectic few weeks full of ;revision, many different colours and some false nails, I gave my nails a rest for a few weeks. Now they have recovered and are back to their usual strong selves. While on a break from my (very fun) half term revision, I thought I would go for a classic colour that I hadn't reviewed yet! 
Yes, hold your renditions of Lady in Red, it's Red. The staple, underside of a certain shoe, the dress that catches everyone's attention and the only colour of lipstick on Marilyn Monroe's dressing table. Of course the only way to do Red properly is Chanel so I sneaked into my sister's room and nabbed this lovely bright red colour. The small brush meant it was really easy to apply and looked very neat round the cuticles hence the zoomed in photos. After one coat it could have been ready to go, so good for when you are in a rush but the second coat gave it that almost gel nail-like effect. After putting on my top coat (Nails inc. Caviar topcoat) I was ready to go. I didn't do any funky fourth nail designs as I felt the red could stand on its own- and it could.
 There is something about red nails that changes your whole persona and when looking down at your nails you get a whole burst of confidence and coolness, it has to be my favourite staple colour. 
The shine has remained after two days, and they haven't chipped yet. The base coat I used is OPI's natural nail base coat, which helps when avoiding chipping. 
Sometimes I'm a bit sceptical about big designers like Chanel doing nail polish however,this one was surprisingly good and helps bring a little bit of 1950s glamour into your everyday life.


Here are my ratings for Chanel 677 Rouge Rubis

Chipping- 3.75
Shine- 4
Richness of colour- 4
Classic-ness- 5!!
Overall- 4.5

Love,
Tash
x

No comments:

Post a Comment