Monday 17 November 2014

'Daisy' design from WAH nails ft. Rimmel London 'Black Cab'; Natural Collection's 'Tips'; American Apparel's 'Sunshine State'

I came across this tutorial a few days before going back to school, and the WAH girls made it look so easy on the video I had to have a go. Much to my surprise it was actually easy and greatly impressed my friends at school! I love this design as it looks as though you have; A. spent AT LEAST four hours on your nails; B. you have used nail stickers; C. you can wow people when you tell them that 'no, they are not stickers!'


Here are my photos of the design. You can have it either with or without the yellow dots, the dots make it more summery and fun but the pure white flowers have a more sophisticated touch for an evening look. 





I used Rimmel London's 'Black Cab' for the black, which had become extremely gloopy and in need of a reboot but it just about did the job. I used the Natural Collection 'tips' polish for the white and American Apparel's 'Sunshine State' for the yellow. I have invested in nail art tools- for about £5- for the dots. But the same effect could easily be made with the end of a toothpick for a cheaper price.                                 
Since this isn't really a review I cannot give ratings, but I hope you too embark on this easy design! Since WAH have removed the tutorial video from youtube I can't post it, but here are the steps to do the design:

1. Paint nails with base coat and black polish
2. Put white polish on end of dotting tool and place five small dots in a small circle 
3. Repeat white dots across nail 
4. Put black polish on end of dotting tool and put a dot in the middle of the white dots and spread a little of the black polish into the centre of each of the white dot to create the petal effect.
5. For the more sophisticated evening look in the second picture stop here!
6. But, for the full daisy look, put yellow polish on the dotting tool and place a small dot in the middle of each of the flowers. 
7. Complete by placing a clear top coat on for extra shine 
8. Enjoy some major nail envy from your friends!!

Happy Painting!

Love, 
Tash 
 x













No comments:

Post a Comment