Thursday 17 July 2014

Essie 'Mint Candy Apple' Review- America Collection 2

This polish has been on my wish list for an extremely long time, and it wasn't until I travelled across the Atlantic that I organised myself to actually buy it. I was in CVS and couldn't help myself from the beautiful green/duck egg blue colour and I snapped it up for $8!
As it is almost my last day in the big US o' A I'm trying to get all my American polishes reviewed before I get back on English soil, so this is the second of my 'America collection' . This polish is fetted over by bloggers and nail artists everywhere so why all the hype?

Well firstly, the colour is a beautiful mix between green and blue which interchange depending on the angle you view it from and the light you are in. If you are going for a pastel nail look which is extremely popular at the moment then you can use it for this by putting a matte top coat on, but it can also serve as a shiny and glam polish if you put on a top coat. So it is an extremely versatile polish.
 For this mani I used Essie's 'good to go' top coat, which I didn't really love as it gets gloopy very quickly. Just to diverge to top coats and away from the polish, I find basic topcoats are the best. I use the Topshop 'base and top' for mine and this works perfectly well despite not having a flashy nail brand to it, the base coat is more important as it is this that can make or break a manicure and for this I use OPI.

But, back to the real star 'Mint Candy Apple'. It was extremely thick, which some people struggle with to apply as it can all gather in certain places of the nail and I am one of those people but (I will write about how to avoid this and put the link below) once you get past this hurdle it is a gorgeous polish and I would rather it be thick and glossy and have to apply less coats than having gaps in the polish (since some Essies are known for this issue of having to do about a million coats).
I only wore it for about two days and it didn't budge, but I cannot really fairly judge the chipping.

It is a very summery colour and though it may not be the flashiest it is great for everyday wear and I am so glad I finally managed to buy it, even if it did mean going across 'the pond' for two weeks!

Here are my ratings for 'Mint Candy Apple':

Chipping- 3
Shine- (works both with and without but with) 4
Richness of colour- (for a pastel colour) 3.5
Classic-ness- (doesn't really apply here) 3

Overall- 4
Love,
Tash
x

Links:
Review of first 'America Collection': http://hellotnails.blogspot.com/2014/07/essie-tart-deco-polish-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment