Sunday 8 June 2014

OPI 'Dinner Al Frisco' review

After my exams, my parents felt I needed a break from the heat and stress of the city so whisked me away to Florence for a weekend of art and relaxation. Having returned with a healthy dose of standelisme and a bit of sunburn I am much more relaxed and have decompressed after my exams.
Whilst in Florence I spotted this colour and with the bright blue and slight metallic touch I fell in love and had to have it. The name was very accurate as I wore it whilst we were dining 'Al Fresco' (outside).
I used an OPI basecoat and Topshop top coat, the ombre design on my fourth finger was done using the OPI christmas sand collection which i reviewed previously, go check it out!
I love OPI products and usually my designs come from many nail polish lines but it just so happened that all these ones were OPI. The polish was relatively easy to apply although I struggled to keep the precision near my cuticles. It needed about 2 1/2 coats to make it nice and thick and the top coat emphasised the metallic nature, but it could go without the topcoat and still have the shine if you were in a rush. Despite the success of the colour, it chips very easily and even a day or two after applying the colour at the top of the nail will have many holes in it which is unusual and annoying since OPI is usually so good at avoiding this, and my basecoat is usually really good at beating these chips which mean you have to touch it up quite often.
I love this colour and as we are moving towards summer it is even better as it makes your hands appear tanned which is an important aspect of any summer polish especially for an english rose like me whose skin is either alabaster or lobster-esque. It also brightens up summery outfits or bikinis.

Here are my ratings for OPI'S 'Dinner Al Frisco':

Chipping: 1.75
Shine-4
Richness of colour-4.5
Classic-ness- 3
Overall-4

The colour and shine really are the redeeming features of this polish, but it is this that makes it so beautiful.

Love,
Tash 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment