Thursday 5 June 2014

Nars Orgasm polish Review



I have been released from the prison of exams and revision!!! So can finally post again and spend my time doing my nails instead of attempting to revise. Since my birthday was during revision time I had some time off revising to go out with my family and received presents, one of which was this nail polish. I recieved many polishes for my birthday so have lots of reviewing to catch up on! Now, after that virtual coffee and catch up on to the reviewing. Firstly I would like to address the name of the polish, although I think the name is slightly tasteless I adore the 'Orgasm' colours and have the blush and illuminating cream in Super Orgasm. My mum gives in and buys it despite the name because the golden pink colour is so beautiful! 
This polish is a shiny pink with gold and silver flecks in it which catch the light and make your hand shine, in the design you can see I only used it on my fourth finger to brighten up the pink colour. It is a lovely colour and I only used 1 1/2 coats to do this. 
However,one  big issue with this polish is that it doesn't stand alone. You have to use it on top of another polish to make it really shine and be nice and thick. So unless you prefer slightly see through polishes where you can see through to  the nail beneath I would avoid using it on its own.  Instead, use it on top of a pink or purple and it will be gorgeous, the bright pink I used it on top of is Eve Snow's Material Girl, despite the cheesy name I love this polish! Having it underneath the Nars was great as it emphasised the pink and let the shine do its thing. 
It lasted really well, and kept me cheery during the desultory days in the lead up towards my exams while reminding me that a summer of nails was on the way! 
Overall I really like this polish as although it wasnt exactly what I was expecting I still love the colour and will still be reaching for the Orgasm collection when in the shops. 
Here are my ratings for Nars- Orgasm polish: 
Chipping- 4
Shine-4
Richness of colour-2
Classic-ness-2
Overall-3.5

Love, 
Tash
x

No comments:

Post a Comment