Sunday 26 January 2014

OPI Nail Polish Lacquer- 'Its frosty outside' and 'Kiss me at midnight' featuring liquid sand review

Over the Christmas Holidays I spent a lot of time with my family and with a break from all my work I had a chance to spend some quality time with my nails! Many of my presents included nail polish or nail art items and this meant that almost every other day I was doing a new design. 
My (very trendy) Aunt Hilary gave me this OPI set of three nail polishes and I was so pleased that I was immediately concocting what designs I could create with them. For this design I used the blue and silver coloured nail polishes and decided to do a sort of Christmassy ombre pattern.
Since England hadn't experienced any snowy weather I thought I would bring the snow to my nails. The polish was very thick and easy to apply, I did two coats of blue then layered the silver on top almost like a french manicure that had melted onto the rest of the nail. The polish was textured due to the liquid sand in the lacquer and the glitter caught the light very nicely.
I only had to do a 2 coats of blue and 1 coat of silver, with a top coat on I got my camera out and started snapping! 
It stayed on very well and as with any glittery polish like this even after a few days it was hard to remove. So if you are looking for something hardy to last the whole winter through I would definitely recommend this polish. The sets come in many colours both Christmassy and not, and with fun titles based on Mariah Carey songs what's not to love!  
Here are my ratings for OPI liquid sand:
Chipping:4.5
Shine: (so glittery!!) 5
Richness of colour:3
Classic-ness: 3
Overall: 4.5 
Love, 
Tash 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment